I present to you a list of highly overrated songs that can instantly change my mood for the worse. This list is in no particular order, because they’re all terrible:
Pharrell – Happy
Meghan Trainer – All About That Bass
Lukas Graham – 7 years
Selena Gomez – Kill ‘Em With Kindness
Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
Twenty-One Pilots – Heathens
Demi Lovato – Confident
Kelsea Ballerini – Peter Pan
The Weeknd – Starboy
Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
In light of Black Mirror releasing Season 4 last week, I decided to make my own list the best Black Mirror episodes from Seasons 1 through 3:
- Nosedive (Season 3, Episode 2)
This episode STRESSES me out. I love how they explore a potential way social media can evolve and take on a bigger, all-encompassing role in our lives – where your social status is dependent on how others rate you after each interaction.
- San Junipero (Season 3, Episode 4)
I watch this Emmy award winning episode every time I’m feeling down. A++ for the queer-positive happy ending.
- The Entire History of You (Season 1, Episode 3)
Taking the concept of “receipts” to a whole new level, all while portraying how obsessing over what happened the past can lead to your present life spiraling out of control.
- White Bear (Season 2, Episode 2)
This is the first Black Mirror episode I watched, so this episode holds a special place in my heart. It’s a wild ride from start to finish.
- White Christmas (Season 2, Episode 4)
- Amazing concepts that I hope will become a reality:
- The ability to block and mute people in real time
- Facial recognition
- Basically Sims in real life – the ability to control your life, as a copy of you has been transferred into code and stored in a “cookie”/widget
- Fast forwarding time
- Controlling environment to satisfy “real you”
- Appointments projected onto wall and read aloud, basically a calendar on steroids
- Hated in the Nation (Season 3, Episode 6)
- Playtest (Season 3, Episode 2)
Takes on the concept of VR – v trippy/intense
- Be Right Back (Season 2, Episode 1)
Martha getting it on with her deceased, expandable water toy “significant other”
made me feel a little uncomfortable…but interesting idea nonetheless.
- Men Against Fire (Season 3, Episode 5)
A little upsetting, as the soldier is brainwashed to view his “enemies” as something they’re not to make the killings justifiable.
- Fifteen Million Merits (Season 1, Episode 2)
Kind of a yawn fest…
- The National Anthem (Season 1, Episode 1)
Disturbing and disgusting. no nO NO.
- The Waldo Moment (Season 2, Episode 3)
Reminded me of the 2016 election…hits home a little too hard.
- Shut Up and Dance ( Season 3, Episode 3)
I didn’t even want to watch this one, because the title sounded stupid. Sure enough, it was kind of stupid.
Coming out of my hiatus (again) to present to y’all my top 100 favorite albums/EPs of all time. This took me about a week to complete, as I had to carefully reflect back on the specific time when each and every album featured on this list has impacted me the most. The order is subject to change (and I’m sure I’m leaving some albums off), but here’s it is:
Continue reading “Top 100 Albums/Eps”
As I’ve previously mentioned, I deem Ed Sheeran as the king of covers. Here are my top 10 favorite covers by him:
Continue reading “Best Covers by Ed Sheeran”
Considering it’s very possible that I haven’t watched all of the videos that BBC Radio has to offer, here’s ongoing list of my favorite BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge cover performances: Continue reading “Best BBC Radio 1 Covers”
In light of Champagne Papi releasing his new album, More Life, yesterday. Here are my top 5 songs from every one of his albums: Continue reading “Drake”